“I am happy for what I am and not what people think of me.”
– Afaq Durrez
I basically belong to a remote village “Chawli” of district “Chakwal”. Born at Karachi on 6 August because my father was doing job in Karachi. Basic schooling from Government Boys School, Chawli. Further studies at Karachi. Did my matriculation from Shaheen High School, PAF Base Faisal. Now a Days, I am working in a public sector institution on a management slot. Did M Phil is Educational Planning and Management from Allama Iqbal Open University where School Security in Post 16 Dec 2014 APS Peshawar Incident. Presently I am pursuing my Doctorate from same institution. An avid tourist and bike enthusiast interested in exploring new destination.
Major Work Experience / Work Assignments
- Administration and Human Resource Management at various tiers.
- Remained as Faculty Member of an elite institution and had been supervising research projects and teaching National and International Affairs, Administration, Logistics and Research students of post graduate level.
- Had been taking lectures of M Phil, MA, M Ed and B Ed level at AIOU on various subjects including Research and Statistics, Financing in Education, Educational Foundations, Plan Implementation etc. Remained involved in academic writing and reviewing of books.
- Remained as sub examiner for Post Graduate paper checking at AIOU.
- Supervising research and assignment work of university students.
- Visiting speaker in various institutions on the areas of my specialty.
Writings and Literary Work
- Inadequacy of recurring expense allocation to schools (Awaiting publication in Journal of Educational Leadership and Management)
- Sufficiency of security measures in schools of Punjab – Desired vs available security infrastructure
- Aerial search and rescue operations in Pakistan and problems faced by search and rescue (SAR) managers
- Regular blog writing on same website (Recent write up on Faculty Development in Education – Flaws and Remedies
Conferences / Papers Presented
- International Conference on Research Practices in Education 2016 held at AIOU from 2 to 3 Feb 2016 (Remained part of management committee)
- 1st Multidisciplinary International Graduate Conference held at Fatima Jinnah Women University from 04-06 May 2017. (Presented paper “Inadequacy of Recurring Expense Allocation to Schools”)
- International Conference on Research Practices in Education 2018 held at AIOU from 16 to 17 Feb 2018 (Remained part of management committee)
- 2nd National Graduate Conference held at AIOU from 28-29 August (Remained part of management committee)